You have a choice.
- Grasp an opportunity when it turns up.
- Position yourself where opportunity is more attractive and likely.
- Create opportunity out of difficulty.
You have preferences and abilities when it comes to opportunity and others may judge you on your approach.
By being clear on how you want to act around opportunity, you’ll be able to act strategically rather than blindly.
- Grasp it:
- What is a ‘good’ opportunity to respond to? How will you recognise it when it turns up? Are you ready to leap at a moment’s notice?
- Position yourself:
- With whom, where and in what field of endeavour do you expect to find opportunity? What’s your research process? What will you offer as your ‘entry ticket’?
- Create it:
- What questions can you use to turn difficulty into opportunity? Who can you collaborate with creatively? What will get you to fully commit to this approach?
Opportunity is not just for the ‘lucky’.
It’s your game to play your way.